Thursday, September 08, 2011

Schools Matter: Initial thoughts on Duffy's duplicity

Duffy has not kept the faith. He has sold his soul. He is prepared to betray untold numbers of teachers for his own personal gain, while helping to destroy an institution that is vital to maintaining a democratic government, and that institution Is public education. — UTLA member in response to Duffy announcement

Charter Schools are privatization and are a vehicle for vouchers
I share my Initial thoughts on Duffy's duplicity in a recent piece on Schools Matter. Before Howard Blume's article was published, he contacted me (Howard is one of the only somewhat honest writers at the Times, the other being Teresa Watanabe). He wrote me a note explaining the thrust of his story and asked for a quote on his forthcoming Duffy story. Unfortunately my quote didn't get used. In the article I reproduce my response.

Published 2011-09-04 on Schools Matter, please read it there and share widely.


Share/Bookmark

No comments: